Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bake Sale Extravaganzas... Moderation is not in my vocabulary

Rainbow Jello Adventures        

I must begin this posting with my confession, hopefully it will pardon my crazy behavior and help you understand the way I am wired as a teacher and a person.

Confession:  I spent approximately 8hrs. on average creating layered jello cups to sell at for my class bake sale.  Granted I cannot be accused of my lack of enthusiasm though my innate need to try and fail something before learning its going to be painful and not worth the time investment remains one of my character flaws.

Tip: Definitely do not add a whip cream layer in between your jello colors.  It takes twice as long to harden and looks extremely messy regardless of how hard you try to smooth it out and not let it smear on the sides of the cup.  When I made the rainbow jello for St. Patty's Day, it took a very long time but the result was rewarding and they sold like hot cakes.  The whip cream Easter jello cups on the other hand were not as appealing and I had left overs.  Next time I will probably pick two or three colors to layer and make much smaller cups.  Then I will mark down the prices to motivate buyers to purchase more.

Pictures from our first Bake Sale on Valentine's Day:
We sold cookies, cupcakes, flowers, lollie-pops and marsh mellow chocolate dippers.





Pics from our St. Patrick's Day Bake Sale:

            Amazing Rainbow Cupcakes with Gold Coins and 
                                         Chocolate Shamrock Lollie Pops made by K/1 Parents

   
 
Our Most Recent Bake Sale: Celebrating Easter


Our easter goodies: Chocolate dipped pretzles, Fudge bunnies, sugar cookies, Easter Jello, Easter basket cupcakes and edible grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment